Ottawa Valley kids are the biggest joke and you wouldn't believe the sh*t that went down in high school. After spending 5 years at one, these things become normal but after telling my friends in University about it, all they can ask is "what the heck?"
Here's a few things y'all fellow valley kids can probably relate to.
1. Half your teachers probably went to school with each other, at the same school they now teach at.
2. You probably have been going to school with the same kids since kindergarten, so when a new kid came, everyone acted as if the world stopped.
3. Your school probably had a designated smoking area, but that still did not prevent the smell of smoke to be in your classroom.
4. You hesitated about driving to school and parking in the student parking lot because your classmates drove like idiots.
5. You couldn't wear hats in school, but that stopped no one.
6. There was a fight once a day, probably over drugs.
7. Everyone with a car went to "Dons" for lunch and made sure everyone knew it.
8. Every field trip was to Ottawa.
9. Your prom was an absolute joke and everyone was high for it.
10. When it came time for graduation and applying to colleges and universities, everyone wanted to get the heck out of the valley.
11. Every school dance played country music.
12. Your after prom was held at a barn or a bush.
13. Graduation was the best day because you were finally out of there.
14. You couldn’t imagine spending your teenage years anywhere else and you will learn to miss it when you leave.
September 10, 2018
February 23, 2018
August 17, 2018