Commuting in Ottawa, especially through the OCTranspo system, can be pretty difficult 99.9% of the time. Between late buses, traffic, and rude people, Ottawa residents who rely on the bus usually do not have many positives to say about it. With that said, it is that time of the year when the wind hurts our faces and the temperature is making us want to stay in our homes all day because winter in Ottawa is rough, especially if you take the bus anywhere.
Here are the worst things about using OCTranspo in the winter:
1. When the bus is late and you have to wait in -30 degrees.
2. When the bus doesn’t show up at all.
3. Bundling up to wait in the cold, then being super warm on the bus.
4. The amount of salt that gets on the bus floor has found a way to ruin your boots.
5. There's always a possibility of slipping on ice in front of a ton of people.
6. Where ever it is you are going, you will probably be late.
7. When the bus is late but you are too cold to take your mittens off to check when its actually coming.
8. Finally, when you get off the bus only to jump over the pile of snow on the side of the road from the snow plow
September 10, 2018
February 23, 2018
August 17, 2018